is a small town in the district of Badaun, Uttar Pradesh.
It is reachable from the district headquarters of Badaun by
is a district in Uttar Pradesh in the earstwhile area of Rohilkhand.
It is on the National Highway 24 between Bareilly and Moradabad.
It is also connected by rail. The town has been famous for
its locally manufactured knives and the Indian pedigree dog
- the Rampur Hound.
the must-sees in Rampur are The Khas Bag palace - the residence
of the nawabs of Rampur. The palace shows two distinct phases
of architecture - the Islamic as well as British styles. Inside,
one may have glimpses of some beautiful oil paintings and
the court room which bore witness to some of the notable recitals
by musicians of the Rampur-Sahaswan Gharana.
may also visit the railway station built by the nawabs and
the Jama Masjid.
the fort campus is Rampur Raza Library - counted among the
best libraries of the world, because of its majestic Indo-European
style of architecture as well as its possession of rare manuscripts,
not found anywhere else. It was founded by the first Nawab
of Rampur, Faizullah Khan (1774-94) who happened to be a great
connoisseur of books. It was nourished and nurtured by his
successor, Nawab Kalbe Ali Khan, and great-grandson, Nawab
Raza Ali Khan, after whose name it is known today.